QuiltCon Challenge Block

A couple months ago I won the QuiltCon Kona Cotton Solids FQ Set from Pink Chalk Fabrics it is still available for $18.95. I was very surprised when I won and knew then I would have to enter, I had no excuse! Plus, the Kona solids in this set are really beautiful together. The only fabric I added was the stripe of Kona Cotton Solid "Snow".

I challenge others in Blogland that are interested in the Modern Movement to create your one block and submit it before August 2012. Who knows it might end up on the QuiltCon Quilt or going to children who need to be kept warm next winter, either way you win the satisfaction that you tried it. There is also a Flickr site on the main page to look at all the blocks being submitted.

This is my QuiltCon Challenge Block called "Fractured", I don't know if I should really name a block or not but this time I did. I got the idea for it from the Craftsy BOM. QuiltCon is being presented by the The Modern Quilt Guild. I am a member of the WV Modern Quilt Guild, here we have a guild for our state, but a lot of large cities have one. If you check "The Modern Quilt Guild" main page there is a listing of all the guilds listed by country and states to find one near you. I plan to do more modern pieces in the future. Like a whole quilt instead of just one block.

Do you name every block or quilt you submit to a challenge or contest? I am curious to know. Thanks for stopping by! Lisa

Comments

  1. The block looks great, the colours scream summer!

    No I don't I maybe should name them, but the effort to think up names LOL! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lisa, I love this block! It is so gorgeous! :)

    Amy
    Sew Incredibly Crazy

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I love that block - it's fantastic!!! I'm so jealous cos it looks like that not only can you cut a straight line but you can sew in one too!
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! Please feel free to email
comlisajohnson @gmail.com

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Acquainted New Blogger Blog Hop & Giveaway

April Showers Blog Hop

Aurifil Thread Giveaway - Black and White