Spellbound Quilt Along Part 2

Spellbound Quilt Along

The Spellbound Quilt Along with the Fat Quarter Shop was last week Spellbound Quilt Along - Fat Quarter Shop's Jolly Jabber and I am a few day late due to a number of things. I wanted to share my completed quilt top with you before I send it off to a longarm quilter to be finished. I love piecing quilts and quilting small quilts but I cannot do the patterns and designs on anything this large or anywhere near what Irene Hensley does with her long arm! So off she goes!

Fabrics: Robert Kaufman Kona Pink Flamingo, Highlighter, and a mystery Maroon Kona ; Alison Glass: Sun Print 2017 - Amaranth Overgrown, School Bus Overgrown, Citrus Link; Aurifil 50 wt. thread: 2115 (Yellow)

The Pattern: Spellbound Downloadable PDF Quilt Pattern Fat Quarter Shop

Ruler 1: 'Creative Grids 90 Degree Double Strip Ruler Creative Grids #CGRDBS90'; I enjoy using all kinds of rulers in my sewing and this one is terrific! You can really get creative with it and I plan to use this one often! Where else can you cut up to (4) perfect blocks in minutes!

Ruler 2: I just recently purchased Creative Grids Stripology Squared Ruler Creative Grids #CGRGE2 if you cut strips very often, you need this ruler! This quilt is strips and if you don't buy Jelly Rolls that is at least (40) 2 1/2" strips. You can cut all kinds of sizes of strips with this ruler.

To read my tips I learned while making this quilt please read In The Boon Docks: Spellbound Quilt Along Part 1! Also, listed in the blog post is all the links to the other Bloggers in the quilt along. I really recommend looking at all the different variations of the quilt before deciding on fabrics! Well thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back soon! Lisa

 

I really just had so much fun making this quilt and my Granddaughter is going to love it! Thank you Fat Quarter Shop for including "In The Boon Docks" in the Spellbound Quilt Along!

 

Comments

  1. Every time I see your colors (I who really hate pink!), I think what a great quilt you've made.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! Please feel free to email
comlisajohnson @gmail.com

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Acquainted New Blogger Blog Hop & Giveaway

Aurifil Thread Giveaway - Black and White

April Showers Blog Hop